Values & Principles
Values important to me in the provision of therapeutic massage and bodywork
- It is for everyone and respects individual differences with openness and acceptance regardless of our varied background and lifestyles
- To actively listen, including with hands that adapt and respond to individual client needs and reactions
- An intuitive approach which is underpinned by detailed anatomy, physiology and pathology applied knowledge, skill and experience.
- A ‘down to earth’, unpretentious style – with high energy when required. So that someone wanting remedial/sports work on their painful back and someone wanting to work on a subtle energy level are equally comfortable and supported.
- Ethical integrity, awareness and intention in the work
- Developing a therapeutic relationship with the client – this way we create a ‘safe space’ for clients to explore their own physical, emotional, psychological needs and response to touch work – feeling safe to do so.
- Working together – the client with all their knowledge about themself and their body, and me the facilitator and therapist. This is about applying knowledge and working with the client, not about simply giving a routine massage ‘to’ them. It is about tailoring the massage to meet the individual requirements of each client– nothing is routine, and all clients are unique.
- Providing an experience to encourage clients’ feelings of self-empowerment and self-worth
- Supporting the client’s own personal development and growth
- Being as ecologically sound as I can – including using product’s that do not use or are tested on animals.
- Keeping up-to-date with continued training and development in the field.
- Keeping a sense of humour!